The TG Future of Overwatch2 with DO Primestrike
- By Hivarius
- 0 comments
- 118 views
Overwatch has been with us since 2016. Now, still going strong under the leadership of our fearless Division Office, @primestrike, whom I am interviewing today. So, let’s delve deep into the future of Overwatch2.
Before we start talking about the game, let’s talk a bit about you. So, you have been with us for quite a while. How does it feel to be a member of Tactical Gaming?
- To be honest, I didn’t expect to be anywhere near where I am at the moment. I met some nice people who recruited me, and I was literally expecting to just be a squad member playing the game. I never expected to be any further than that when I first joined.
Well, you are now our DO, so how does it feel?
- It has been an amazing journey. I had so many people who showed confidence in me when I had no confidence in myself, and they sort of said I should go for it. Along the way, I feel like I have grown stronger as a person being part of TG.
That’s great to hear! Now that Overwatch 2 has come, are you confident in making our TG team shine again?
I don’t think that will ever change. Now, let’s go a bit deeper into your experiences. How was your first personal experience when Overwatch started?
- It was a game that, at the time appealed to me, and my first couple of games were without any comms. People weren’t really cooperating; however, after a month of playing the game, I met the people from TG.
I bet that was a major change for you.
In TG, I saw people that would talk to you and give you advice and support. It was a friendly atmosphere that I got from them, and it was one that I wanted to continue.
Of course, we also have the Overwatch PRO League. Do you have a favourite team that you follow?
- Of course, the first one that I followed is the London Spitfire, from my own region. I also enjoyed watching Boston Uprising and New York Excelsior. I switch favourites mainly depending on what kind of playstyle they play in.
When Overwatch 2 was announced, did you follow the process of Overwatch 2 on the foot? I think we can both agree on the fact that it took quite a while before it came out.
- I took some information here and there and took the release date with a grain of salt. I wasn’t following it constantly and would just wait until stuff came out.
Did you have a lot of discussions about it with your members?
- The main discussion was about the transition from Overwatch 1 to Overwatch 2. It wasn’t going to be carried on from Overwatch 1 where we would have a second game down the line. Instead, Overwatch 1 would be turned off, and 2 would come straight in.
Do you feel that Overwatch 2 will have a great influx of new players?
- I have personally seen people playing Overwatch 2 who have never touched Overwatch in the past. The main reason for this is that Overwatch 2 is free to play, and people didn’t want to spend money on the first one.
And now a tough question; what are your plans for the future of Overwatch community members; how do you want Overwatch to become the biggest of TG?
- That is a really hard question. I want to continue with our community to keep them up and running. Give them a feeling of what Overwatch has in the space that TG can offer them. I think it is important that new people should feel welcome in TG.
I found that to be one of the biggest advantages TG has to offer me. Anything you would like to shout out to our new members?
- We have a new game in our hands; everybody is still learning the mechanics. So let’s do this together as a team to be the best!
Do you have some wise words for the existing members?
- There will be some tough challenges along the way, but we will deal with those like we always have and only come out stronger.
This was Primestrike talking about his feelings towards Overwatch. If you want a moment on the board or you just want to be interviewed for the sake of TG (or the free coffee), share your voice about your game, or even share your own personal experiences about Overwatch with a comment down below!